Fan Disscussion

Place for people to organise and contribute to the BWINT newsletter.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Fan Disscussion

Unread post by Tor »

Weee!

Alright I think the most universal part of the Newsletter is the Fan Disscussion. Post all your questions and let them be disscussed.

Have fun!
DT
Last edited by Tor on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

1- What purpose would Transmutate serve in Beast Wars if she survived more than one episode?
Transmutate would be the soul ruler of the galaxy with Rampage as her right hand, and Silverbolt bas her left.

The rest would be slaves. Yesssss....

2-Does Predacon necessarily dictate a desire for power/malice, and does Maximal necessarily dictate a desire for peace/justice?
As it had been stated more then once during the beastwars, the maximals wherend always the "good guys". I mean, why create a spark like Rampage's?
There was simply no need for it, unless they where planing to use a stable for of his spark as a weapon to destroy the Predacons.

3- Since Cheetor can easily top the speed of the average cheetah, what more Airazor? To add to that, Cheetor's Transmetal forms gave him additional speed, so what if Airazor had been granted Transmetal forms in the show as well--Who would really have been faster then, Cheetor or Airazor?
Airazor. Hands down.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Venatrix,

These questions have already been featured, I was just posting them for examples and because I haven't thought of any to post myself. But thanks for you enthusiasm!

Some questions I thought of (i'm not good at this give me a break)

1. The Vok have come up with some pretty awesome means of destruction. If the beast wars hadn't ended, what would've been their next means of attack.

2. Pretend BM never happened. Was Waspinator a good ruler of the Earth? What did he do? How did he inspire the early humans?

DT
Last edited by Tor on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

1. The Vok have come up with some pretty awesome means of destruction. If the beast wars hadn't ended, what would've been their next means of attack.

The Vok wanted eventualy destroy those responcible for their failed project.
And with their waaaay more advanced tech, theyed probibly would implement a much more effective way to deal with the cybertronians.....n They invented "Cosmic Rust"
This was a form of rust they created using parts of armor they took from Tigertron and Airazor, tested out on an Autobot colony, far from Earth, on the planet Antilla.
The "Cosmic Rust" eradicated every Cybertronian on Antilla and then dumped the "Cosmic Rust" spoors on Earth.
But like always, their plan will fail coz the brilliant Tarrantulas took a sample from himself after he was infected, and created an antidote. Ofcource he gets slagged by Rattrap, who steels the antidote, and saves both Maximals and Predacons alike.
End of episode. ^^

2. Pretend BM never happened. Was Waspinator a good ruler of the Earth? What did he do? How did he inspire the early humans?

No. The stinkin Wasp gets challanged for power by a human with a big-ass club, and gets clobbered all over the planet.
"Wazzpinator in pain! Why universe hate Wazzzpinator?"
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

Tor wrote:Past Questions (to get ya thinking) 1. What purpose would Transmutate serve in Beast Wars if she survived more than one episode?

2. So my question: Does Predacon necessarily dictate a desire for power/malice, and does Maximal necessarily dictate a desire for peace/justice?

3. So the question: Since Cheetor can easily top the speed of the average cheetah, what more Airazor? To add to that, Cheetor's Transmetal forms gave him additional speed, so what if Airazor had been granted Transmetal forms in the show as well--Who would really have been faster then, Cheetor or Airazor?

Note: these are already disscussed they are merely examples.

Have fun!
DT
Hmmmm... :arrow:

1: I think Transmutate would have been sort of a sparkling character,gradualy learning and growing. Cheetor probably would go out of his way to teach her odds and ends; Rattrap eventualy. Rhinox and Optimus would be father figures, while Silverbolt would be ultimate comfort and love,the person she would always turn to,unless he wa conflicted as well.

She would get along well with Una and Jak. Rampage would be the naughty friend she wants to play with,but always is dragged away from,or whose fun is ruined,just as it's getting good.

There would also be some rivalry between her and Blackarachnia.

2: Certainly not! I,myself,believe that all beings(In this physical universe) are flawed,and that not all Maximals are good,right,and just,whereas all Predacons are wicked,crule and untrustworthy.

Depth Charge,Rattrap,and the Maximal Council of Elders come to my mind,when I think of examples of "Not so good" Maximals.

I will ignore the two former characters,because we pretty much know their stories,and Depth Charge does have an excuse for some of his behavior.

However,the Council's experiments on Starscream's spark were imoral and cruel. Not only did they torture him,in ways unfit to disscuss,but they hurt Rampage as well,twisting him to the point of madness.

Also,concider Waspinator,Terrorsaur,and Rampage's gentle side. The crab was kind to Transmutate because he saw she was a freak as well,and was confused and hurt.

Waspinator was never nesisarily evil,he was just on the wrong side of things.

While Terrorsaur was cruel,he was shown to care enough to form a bond with Waspinator.

While a Predacon,Dinobot had his sence of honor,and respect for life.

3: I think they would be even,or very close. :wink:

End of theological discussion,RC style,pt. 1. :roll:
Death becomes you.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Question: Will the Aurora Serial Be Continued?

Answer: Yes. Yes it will. Chapter 4 has been done for a long time now :D

This random piece of information brought to you by the letter % and the number <.

Yes. Those are deliberate. :P
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Tor wrote:

DT
#1: The Vok take the remnants of the Axalon and Darkside and Vokify (I just made up a new term, yessss) it into some strange Vok/Preacon/Maximal battleship (Sentinel shields included). Either that or they take the remnants of all the fallen stasis pods and scrap em together to form their own little transformer army. Think of an army of Tigerhawks...

#2: Wazzpinator inspired humanity by giving them the idea of the coup. After groveling and slaving under Megatron's thumb for all of the Beast Wars he refuses to do a single thing but relax, enjoying his newfound power and authority. One day he pushes his minions too hard and he is overthrown, thus starting a trend in human history...
Razorclaw wrote:Waspinator was never nesisarily evil,he was just on the wrong side of things.
Gonna have to disagree with this one. He may not have been fiendishly diabolical like G1 Megatron, Megatron, Rampage or Tarantulas, but he was STILL a power-hungry robot. He often mumbled about how one day Megatron would recognize his greatness over his fellow comrades, how one day he would rule--he even tried to take the Golden Disks because they were a source of Ultimate Power--except Dinobot took them while scrapping Waspy in the process.

So, I think Waspinator IS evil...he's just...too fragile to carry out his ambitions. :lol:
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

VelociBerg wrote:
Razorclaw wrote:Waspinator was never nesisarily evil,he was just on the wrong side of things.
Gonna have to disagree with this one. He may not have been fiendishly diabolical like G1 Megatron, Megatron, Rampage or Tarantulas, but he was STILL a power-hungry robot. He often mumbled about how one day Megatron would recognize his greatness over his fellow comrades, how one day he would rule--he even tried to take the Golden Disks because they were a source of Ultimate Power--except Dinobot took them while scrapping Waspy in the process.

So, I think Waspinator IS evil...he's just...too fragile to carry out his ambitions. :lol:
Excellent, VB!
Though I am going save this last bit for next issues fan discussion *hinthint* Anyways, nice answer Venatrix. Though for number 2, I'm going to edit out 'big-ass' part. I think we should keep these answers PG to the very least.

C'mon! I know these two aren't the only ones out there!

DT
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I think there is a pattern to be seen from the Vok actions:

1.) An observance of Optimus Primal gave the Vok advanced knowledge on Cybertronian capabilities, especially what Rhinox noted (they now knew that Maximals and Predacons had destructive capabilities).

2.) More detailed observance (The Trigger). Proved not only that the Cybertronians had capabilities of interfering with their earth experimentation through destructive capabilities, but that they would.

3.) Blanket attack. Wherein as Megatron mentioned, they are willing to cause planet wide destruction simply to deal with the Maximals and Predacons (of course, its a bit more complex than that, as they intend to terminate their project on Earth because it had been contaminated). This attack fails to the valiant effort of Optimus Primal.

4.) Since the blanket attack was learned to be vulnerable to the destruction of its main weapon, a more articulate, self-defending weapon was needed (this is strangely reminiscent of Skynet: if nuclear bombs don't work, send in the cyborgs): Tigerhawk. He was effective, but also, apparently not invincible (it took the Vok's personal interference to destroy Tarantulas, and Cheetor's rescue efforts to get Tigerhawk away from the subsequent explosion. At least... I thought. Never watched this episode, but Sapphire's online synopsis was very exhaustive).

So where does this lead?

According to the pattern, it would seem like the Vok would try an even more specific means. Granted, creating a warrior out of Cybertronians was an extreme step in getting a precision effort in comparison to blowing up the whole planet. So I kinda' wonder if there's much room further for them to go. But it might lead to a few things:

A.) An upgrade. Tigerhawk, only less vulnerable (even he eventually died). And that would be hard to do. Tigerhawk was already pretty strong.

B.) Instead of making the attack method more precise, make the target more precise. Granted, the planet buster did target the entire world, but with the goal of destroying the Predacons and Maximals. They were still the targets. Then Tigerhawk got a bit more specific and attacked the Predacon side, while offering to talk with Optimus Primal. Perhaps this means an attack would be made against specific figures, very likely the leader of the whole evil parade: Megatron. And if that succeeded, they might start moving down the line of targets.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it would be hard to predict what they would do next, but they would most definitely try to correct previous mistakes.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Nyx

Unread post by Nyx »

Well, first they tried destroying Pre-Earth, however it was soon stopped by Optimus Primal. Seeing that it failed and seeing what length the Maximals would go to save the planet, they decided to focus their target not on Earth but the actual occupents. (Maximals and Predacons)

Since seeing the power too, they thought they would fight fire with fire and create Tigerhawk to wipe them out. However, they must of reconised Optimus's bravery the last time they met as Tigerhawk wanted to talk to him rather than attack. However, they didn't see Megatron as "worthy" to them, so Tigerhawk shows off sheer power by beating Megatron.

If the Beast Wars had continued, I think they would change tactics and favour Cunning rather than Brute force. They would properly try and become friends with the Maximals and strike a deal with the Predacons. They would give both fractions weapons, so hopefully both fractions would wipe each other out. That's what I feel would happen.

Razorclaw wrote:
Waspinator was never nesisarily evil,he was just on the wrong side of things.

VelociBerg wrote:

So, I think Waspinator IS evil...he's just...too fragile to carry out his ambitions.

I would have to agree with Razorclaw to some extent, Waspinator in my opinion, isn't evil. (Maybe misguided.) However, if he was the only Transformer left on Earth, he could become more of a power-hungry tyrant as he would have noone as strong as him to oppose him. (Transformer wise mind)

True, he isn't as smart as Megatron or Tarantulas but think about it, over the years he is left stranded, he may pick up a few things. Become more Street-wise if you will. But he isn't natuarally cunning, maybe he would have to learn to be.

Plus, you'd have to remember he was surrounded by Predacons so he would have no other knowledge on how to act other than being a Predacon. So he may take this and over the years become at least half as bad as Megatron.

I believe that noone is born "Bad" or "Good", both those things have to be grown. It depends on how the person is brought up and what influences that person was shown. How you plant a seed is how it will grow.

Waspinator was with Predacons and if he was left on Earth, he could either grow to be a tyrant or grow into something else by another influence.
---------------------------------------
It properly doesn't make sense but that's my view on these questions. :D
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Nyx wrote:I would have to agree with Razorclaw to some extent, Waspinator in my opinion, isn't evil. (Maybe misguided.) However, if he was the only Transformer left on Earth, he could become more of a power-hungry tyrant as he would have noone as strong as him to oppose him. (Transformer wise mind)
With this in mind, lets backtrack a little bit. The very last line of the show was "Wazzpinator happy at last."

Let's consider the source of his happiness. All the other transformers are either dead or have left the planet. Waspinator, and Waspinator alone, is now arguably the single most powerful transformer on the planet--not counting those silly G1 transformers who are napping. In effect, Waspinator is now the undisputed ruler of the planet up until his slaves rebel against him. I'd be happy if I were king of the world, wouldn't you? This all goes back to him being power-hungry.
I believe that noone is born "Bad" or "Good", both those things have to be grown. It depends on how the person is brought up and what influences that person was shown. How you plant a seed is how it will grow.
If we were talking about people, I would agree. But these guys are robots. Their lives and personalities can be created instantly. Barring things like damage or reprogramming, that's just how you're going to be if you're a transformer.

Granted, personalities can change. It took Dinobot almost 2 whole seasons, but he eventually took a more Maximal path at the very end. However, I think Dinobot should be the exception, not the example.
Waspinator was with Predacons and if he was left on Earth, he could either grow to be a tyrant or grow into something else by another influence.
In Beast Machines we were shown a brief scene of Waspinator's reign. For amusement we saw him flicking rocks at the proto-humans as they carved statues of his likeness...

I think I'll end with this:
Waspinator in Beast Machines wrote: No, NO! Waspinator want glory, Waspinator want power! And what Waspinator get?! WASPINATOR NEVER GET WHAT WASPINATOR WANT!
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Hey hey!

VelociBerg! Ya stealing away the topic for next issue! Save these points for next month okay? (They are indeed excellent points, btw) Lets stay focused on the questioned posed:
I wrote:Some questions I thought of (i'm not good at this give me a break)

And I promise next months debate/questions shall be much more interesting.

DT