How You Designed Your OC

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How You Designed Your OC

Unread post by Alak »

I'm just curious to see what went through everyone's minds when they created their primary Beast Wars OC character (inspirations and whatnot). I'll go first.

Orcariner is my most used OC, even though I made him specifically for bwint. I wanted to aim for something that wasn't taken by the show's cast and something that wasn't feline (blast you RPG rules!). I pretty much ran through every animal I did a report on in elementary school and the killer whale came up. I figured out how I could transform him without making Orcariner a shellformer so that sealed the deal. His main weapons were inspired by characters like Wolverine, Baraka, Rayne, and the Bayformer version of Sideswipe. I wanted him to be an awesome melee combatant so I decided to make him a horrible marksman. lol notice how he never hit anyone with his gun in the RPG so far. As for design, I pretty much took the image of Bayformer Optimus Prime before he left Cybertron. I needed someone who had a towering, but athletic build and this worked perfectly:

I stole the pose and essentially the entire shape to make this:

Image[/img]

As for the history thing, I didn't want some uber wise guy because that was my other OC's role. So I decided to make him book smart and made Depth Charge his teacher. Mary Sue feature? Yes. Any regrets? No, because Depth Charge is awesome. :twisted:
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Omg.....Bayformer OP looks sexy.....drools*

How I really designed my OC? Hmmm....Here:
ImageImage Image Image Image

So I combined them together and TAH DA!! You'll get a Starshadow :D I done her history myself.
Last edited by starshadow on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

My main character was actually not a Beast Wars character at all, but rather a G1 female Decepticon by the name of Nemesis. That character actually didn't end up anything like how she started out.. Originally she had a different name and was the sister of my main character back in the days.. I ended up killing the sister off and altered Nemesis to make her more interesting.

In her youth, following her desire to become a dreaded warrior, Nemesis volunteered to be part of an experiment to create a more powerful soldier. The experiment involved many volunteers, but a majority of them ended up dying as a result of the alterations made to them.

Nemesis was injected with an experimental nanotechnology that allowed her to rapidly heal when injured by using metal Nemesis got a hold of to fuel the nanobots' repair of her system. For instance if her arm was torn off the person watching would see a lot of sparkling and this cloudy area would form around her broken off limb, and if she then got a hold of a piece of metal the nanotechnology would strip the metal apart and use it to rebuild the limb she lost.

Partially due to this ability to regenerate along with a natural thirst for blood (or mech fluid if you will), Nemesis prefers being a front line fighter and often uses hand held weapons such as sais to do battle. She is swift and agile, adept in the use of martial arts, however the nanotechnology used to give her the regenerative powers that made her such a hassle in battle also affected her mind. Nemesis is on the brink of insanity and does not work well with others at all.

This is the artwork rendering of my Nemesis character. I hired an artist to draw it for me. :)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ that is just pure awesome right there! How much did the artist charge you?
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I think it was about 25 or so dollars a piece.. There's another image where she is merely standing as well, along with a miniature design of the vehicle mode.
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

My goodness.........I don't think I can remember that far back!

I will confess though that Jagna was originally created as a self insert, i.e. if I was in Beast Wars, I would...etc. Then eventually I decided to try out my hand at fanfiction. I never thought anyone else but me had even heard of Beast Wars, let alone write their own stories about it.

She started off as a joining crew member of the Axalon crew, etc. Then I thought it would be boring to have just one character that was mine. So I told my friends about my obsession, and asked them if they wanted to be a transformer. Hence, the creation of Nightshaft, Signia and Serpentia. So I figured out how to work them into the story I had. I got it done for Signia and halfway done for Nightshaft.

Then I got bored of that story.

THEN CAME BEAST WARS REBIRTH.

And that's a whole other bag of chestnuts.

As for the design process for each of them...I honestly can't remember the exact details, but I got a lot of ideas from the show itself, as well as G1. But I must confess that Nightshaft is based on Optimus Primal's original design...with a little homage to my friend's crazy curly hair, for which she is rather famous :D
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB