BotCon 2009 announced

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Nurann wrote:LOL I never thought I'd be amused by a recruitment video...

So I've had an official request from my brother to get a recording (I'm think I'll settle for a signed graphic) of Grimlock saying "me Grimlock hate Barney!"
Think he'll do it? Lol

So if anyone is interested in daily live reports from Botcon, I just discovered that I can post mobile now... ;)
last time some one got him to say "Me Grimlock...BADASS" to a camera and sign something saying that, despite it only ever being said in a comic, so probably
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

So they just announced that Weird Al is a special guest this year, and will be signing a limited number of autographs (Primus package holders only) on Saturday. Who wants to line up at 7AM with me for the 9AM signing? (Lol and we thought Peter Cullen at '07 was going to be a long line!)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Weird Al? That's pretty cool!

I believe they mentioned that David Kaye will be there again this year, so that's awesome. For anyone who doesn't know, he landed a part in Disney/Pixar's new film Up, which will be in theaters May 29th, and he'll be walking down the red carpet for the premiere. Pretty sweet! :D
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:Weird Al? That's pretty cool!

I believe they mentioned that David Kaye will be there again this year, so that's awesome. For anyone who doesn't know, he landed a part in Disney/Pixar's new film Up, which will be in theaters May 29th, and he'll be walking down the red carpet for the premiere. Pretty sweet! :D
Awww,that's so cool...

And now that moment of happiness will be turned to sadness over the fact that for the third time,I will not see Master Kaye again and what's worse...I don't get to see Wierd Al either.

*Starts whining*
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

*joins Wonko in the whining/emo corner* :(
I demand cookies!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

YAY, Weird Al! I was waiting for them to announce some spectacular guest, since we'll be in Pasadena and all that this year.
That said, I'm not huge on autographs. I already opened my Wreck-Gar anyways.
The panel with him and the Saturday night party will be my autograph.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

And now that moment of happiness will be turned to sadness over the fact that for the third time,I will not see Master Kaye again and what's worse...I don't get to see Wierd Al either.
There, there, Wonko. *pats your shoulder and sits next to you* I won't be there this year either.
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Yes! I got the email today announcing Dave and Al's guest appearances. I am praying that there will be an 80s rock spectacular extravaganza for the party night where both Stan and Al will be performing.... pleasepleaseplease! :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ya ha! I beat Beastbot with an update :wink:

The Botcon website now has the shiny boxes in which our shiny shiny toys will be packaged in their.... shininess.... :D

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/figurePRE09.cfm

Additionally a bunch of the G1 writers have been added to the guest list so there will be more unsuspecting important people to terrorize

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/guests09.cfm

As a side question, for those who have traversed the Californian sun, are there any recommended beaches to check out whilst there? I will be leaving a VERY cold Sydney (yeah yeah, its no Europe or States winter but its still cold!) for sunny Stateside shenanigans and really want to take advantage of the good weather. Bodysurfing, tattoos and Transformers.... to quote Vader "this will be a day long remembered." :D

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Oooo, shiney box niiiiiiiiice!

>.>

eh ehm. Moving on now.

K, so it pays to be going to Botcon on the 25th anniversary of TF. I think we get more awesome people/swag this way, huh?

It's been a while since I've been this far south in CA, so I can't help you with the beach thing. Are we still doing the tattoo thing then? I think I've finally settled on a fairly unassuming shadow of the autobot shield, and now have it printed and waiting with my other botcon papers. As for the Rockband jam plans, I don't think I'll be able to get the guitar across the border after all. Edmonton's security can be dumber than a lot of places (They once took 5 minutes to repeatedly tap my mom's car keys on a table. This was before she had a car with chipped keys. Oh, and the baggage handlers also like to break and tear things....). So yeah, I'm not sure I can contribute to that...
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I didn't even realise it was the 25th anniversary! Learn something new every day :D

Not to worry about the beach thing. I'm sure I'll keep myself occupied whilst I wait for the rest of our ravenous horde to arrive in CA... speaking of which, what day were you landing again? I'll be sure to organize the shuttle service to and from the hotel for you and the others staying in the Holiday Inn.

On the tattoo side of things, I'm partially copping out and not getting a new one, however I want to overhaul my Maximal tat. Get it redone in red, get a black outline and perhaps redo the UV if its faded as well. Depending upon how hyped I am.... maaaaybe the Elite Guard symbol... maybe :D So yeah, if you're still up for it, we can hunt for a tat place and get all inked up :D

I've been thinking about the whole Rockband thing. I have recently purchased my electronic drum kit (as you know from Facebook :D ) and that cost a bit so I'm undecided as to whether I still want to purchase a new copy of Rock Band. So, I'll decide just before head out if I will, however if we don't have a rockout session, I'm sure there'll be plently of other shenanigans to keep us occupied (i.e. playing with all our pretty toys :D )

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Lol as if they didn't post it enough at their site... ;)

I'm landing at LAX at 1:15 pm Wednesday. You were going earlier in the week, right? Since I booked the hotel when everyone was still iffy with the whole economy thing, I actually decided to stay at the Hilton for convenience. Pricey, but it'll be nice on Thursday to be able to pop out of bed and walk zombie-like to the tour pick-up site. ;) I've already got shuttle service booked to and from the the hotel, but if you're still getting the nice convertible, I will happily go cruising with you guys for other stuff!

So depending when everyone gets in, when and where should we meet up? Do we get together before the package pick up times, or wait for the tours, or what were you guys thinking of doing?

Touch-ups count! ;)

K, so it sounded fun, but I vote to skip Rockband this time... Is that ok?
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I should be getting in around the beginning of pre-reg time on Thursday and leaving about an hour before the 'Con officially closes on Sunday. Got class and all that on Monday, bleh.
Last updated April 25th
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

:lol: Well, typical of me to miss the bleeding obvious :lol:

Wednesday? Sweet. Yep, I'll be landing on Saturday the 23rd, so may go and check out the Pasadenan night life and be very hung over for the Sunday meaning that Monday through wednesday is free for beaching and general shenanigans. If in my travels I locate a decent tattoo place, it may be possible to go get that ink done on the first night you arrive Nurann (now that touch ups do count I feel better about it :wink: ). How game are you to get ink whilst jetlagged? :D

Youch, that sucks having to leave early Beastbot, but I'm sure we'll get in our fair share of shenanigans before you leave :D Also which hotel will you be staying at?

On to the organizational thing:

I'm just checking the timetable thingy and Wednesday is when they are having the Universal Studios tour. Does that mean you won't be going to that or that you're turning up for the second half?

Now according to my Botcon letter here, Tour Guests/Class Participants pick up their boxed sets on Wednesday at 9:30pm. Can anyone verify if that is the general pickup time or is that just for the aforementioned categories? If so what is the general pick up time?

For the Thursday, I'll be travelling around doing the "Day in Hollywood" Tour so if anyone else is on that we can tear around together. Alternatively, the tour finishes around 5pm and I'm willing to bet that general pickup is not too long after that, so we can probably meet up for that and then maybe grab some dinner afterwards.

The other question is: what signings would we like to get to? Nurann has already mentioned Weird Al (lineup at 7am for 9pm signing on Saturday) so I'll pile in to that particular portion of madness. Anyone else interested? We have to meet up with Dave for he is awesome. So those are my big two. Anyone else really excited over the other big names?

Yes dear...
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I'm staying at the first main Botcon hotel, the Sheraton Pasadena.

And autographs aren't my thing, so I'm not really interested in that stuff. I'll probably be at most of the panels, though.
Last updated April 25th