Members: Skyclad Flyer, Nurannoniel, Rakshash, Zucca, Optimus Primal (OOP), Freed54, Taz-bot, Sydney, Jagna, Guardian, Una, Optimal-Optimus, Kanns
Why do we like Optimus?
1) His One-Liners - He'll forever be known for his, "And let it be called... BEAST WARS!" line, along with many others, and that's really not a bad thing. His campiness added a certain warmth to the show and really made it enjoyable. It also added a certain humor to the series that not even Waspinator could provide. Some people may not have liked his cheesiness but his corny lines always managed to put a big, goofy smile on my face.
2) He's the kind of 'bot that you would gladly follow into the Pit and back. His warm personality really make him a pleasant guy to be around. He truly believes in freedom and equality for all sentient beings, not like the Maximal Elders or Megatron. When he says he'll fight for what's right, he really means it. A 'bot for all seasons!
3) He's compassionate and believes in redemption, even for the worst scumbags. He accepted Dinobot, Silverbolt, and Blackarachnia into his ranks. He also believes in trying to resolve the Beast Wars as peacefully as possible, putting the needs of his troops above his own. How many of us can honestly say that we would love our enemies or put the needs of the many over our own? Not only is he someone whom you feel like has been a really good friend, he's truly a model character that we should strive to be like.
4) He's the most well-rounded warrior in the Beast Wars. Some rely on brute force like Megatron and Rampage. Others favor speed like Cheetor. Rattrap favors his skills with demolitions and his gun. Dinobot relies on his fighting skills as well as his abilities with the drill-bit sword. So on and so forth. Optimus is the most well-rounded character there is. He's got strength, speed, above average aim, killer sword fighting skills, a tactical mind, and more. He has the perfect balance.
Optimus Primal (the fan):
Optimus is devoted to his team and what he believes in; freedom, peace throughout the universe. He came into the Beast Wars with a group of Maximals, and a former Predacon, who weren't so certain of his leading capabilities, but he pulled through and showed even the most dangerous villain (Megaton) how competitive and determined he was to stop him and the war he had created.
He's everything a leader should be, in my opinion. He has a soft side but knows when to take measures of discipline. He grows close to his comrades (I specifically liked the father-son relationship he had with Cheetor) which brings the entire team together. He learns from them as they learn from him. He's extremely optimistic, always knowing there is another way out of a seemingly impossible crisis. His attitude is constantly positive no matter how bad the situation. Primal puts a lot of trust into his comrades, even when they tend to lean toward the darker side of the battle. He's open-minded and very observant of his team. He learns who they are and understands how they react to certain events. He grew wiser and he watched his friends grow, too.
Even though it wasn't his intention, but the possibility was likely, Optimus gave his life to save the entire planet Earth, which included his Maximals, the Predacons, humans, and even everyone aboard the Ark. How many people do you know would take that risk? And as if that wasn't enough, when he returned, he took the chance to safely hold Optimus Prime's spark in his body along with his own, no matter the result. What he knew that had to be done, was done. No ifs, ands, or buts. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."
He believes in his team. As many different personalities as there were, and the range between ages, he dealt with a lot during a war that wasn't entirely expected. From the very beginning, he proved he could think quickly on his feet in a tight situation. And since he always had faith in himself, he believed in his decisions which helped his comrades believe in them too. His mentality is very strong, and he never even thought about quitting or surrendering.
Sure some of his jokes may have be corny, but at least he has a sense of humor. He can lighten up and have a good time just like any other Maximal. After all, it isn't healthy for anyone when they're around a stuck-up, stressed out, humorless commander.
Optimus has proven himself a worthy leader. A guide of wisdom, compassion and understanding. He's someone you could trust your life with and follow to the very end.
Optimus is one of my all time favorite characters because he's so...... leader-like.
When I was younger, Primal was my superhero. He didnt want war, but he was more than glad to do it, for the safty of his crew. He didnt judge anybody, no matter what he or she done before.
He sacrificed himself in the end of season one, accepted 3 Predacons that turned out to be good, he was willing to sacrifice himself for Optimus Prime, and led the Maximals to victory in the BEAST WARS and Beast Machines.
-He is the leader you want to follow to the ends of the earth
-He is a leader that can crack a joke to lighten the mood (heck no one wants a mean, humorless leader)
-Optimus is very optimistic, and has a soft side that makes you WANT TO HUG HIM!!!!! (especially the father-son relationship between him and Cheetor)
- Also all his forms are HOT!! (also the voice *drools)
Optimus is the leader you'd want to have if you were a soldier or something like that. He never lets his team down. He never gives up on having truce with the Predacons despite the fact that they always double-cross him. He sees the goodness in the others and gives them a chance when they mess up. He always believed in Dinobot, while the others still had their doubts. His last form when he took for awhile Optimus Prime's spark is the best I think. So big and...transfomery..:).Well that's just prime" ^.^
Zucca grins. "Here goes, my song in honor of the Big-Banana, the Iron Monkey, the Berilyum Baboon and a whole lot of other metal primate titles, Optimus Primal!"
You got the touch
He's a wonderful, warm person, a responsible leader, not entirely without a sense of humour. Extremely compassionate and friendly. The way he took Cheetor under his wing was soooo sweet...^_^. He can be very stern and Commanding Officer-ish, but he never gets carried away with it. He takes risks, like taking Dinobot in. He puts up with DB's and RT's constant bickering. Oh, and he says one of my favorite lines, "Sometimes crazy works."
-he can be serious when he has to be, but at the same time he's the kinda bot that would participate in a pillow fight more than willingly.
He's a proud and confident leader, and anyone's father figure. He's the one you would want to share your problems with, coz you just know that he'll have the answer...shame there aren't many of him left in the world. He kicks total a$$ in battle, and do you really need valid reasons for loving big-bot? He's everyone's best friend. we luv you bigbot!!!!
Jagna's Optimus Collage
Optimus Fan Artwork:
An Optimus collage, by Sapphire
Optimus Fan fiction:
"Released", by Sapphire
Like to join this club? Got some Optimus goodies to submit? Email Sapphire with reasons why you like Optimus!
Disclaimer: Optimus Primal is copyright to Hasbro and the writers and creators of Beast Wars Transformers. No rights are being claimed by any of the members of this club, nor the webmistress.