Deus Machina

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Deus Machina

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Lets talk about Gods shall we. Giant, planetoid shaped ones who are both revered and feared by many Cybertronians. Yup, thats right, I'm talking about Primus and Unicron. We have seen the mighty Unicron present himself in TF the movie in the 80s and in Beast Wars, Primus is often spoken about but never seen (I know Primus appeared in the Unicron Trilogy, but keeping it in the G1/BW continuity). So what are you thoughts on these two beings of immense power? Gods, aliens, supreme beings or something more? There is the history of them being two halves of the same being at the start of the universe. Is this the case or does Unicron come from an alternate universe all together like the Anti-Monitor in the DC universe? Also, what do you think are the social and philosophical implications of your viewpoint on this?
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

Unicron was created by The One, also known as The Source -- the sentient core of the universe (Bender comes across it in one episode of Futurama ;)). As G1 canon has often explained, Unicron finds creation to be nauseating and longs for the peace and solitude of the Void. Consequently he destroys universes in order to be one with the Void. But each time this happens, the universe is re-created. Because of his universe-destroying habits, The One then took a part of Unicron's life essence and with that portion created Primus in order to combat the Chaos Bringer. Primus in turn (eventually) subdivided his life essence to create the Matrix/AllSpark and the Transformers race. Primus and Unicron are both Multiversal Singularities, but with the difference being that Unicron can move between universes and can only exist in one universe at a time. Primus exists across every universe yet remains a single individual. The Vok claim to be agents of The One.

When knowledge of the Gods was eventually lost (and only really re-discovered when Bumblebee, Grimlock, Jazz, Seawatch, Red Hot, Fixit and Stakeout were inadvertently transported to Primus' chamber deep inside Cybertron), many Cybertronians (such as Jetfire) believed in Atechnogenesis; the scientific explanation that life on Cybertron evolved from naturally occurring interaction of gears, levers and pulleys (i.e. mechanical evolution). G1 and Beast Machines canon provide evidence that life on Cybertron was originally organic but later changed to being mechanical. In the G1 cartoon it seemed that the Quintessons conducted experiments in converting organic life to mechanical life (re: Trans-Organics) and in the G1 comics you had technorganic demons who dwelled within Cybertron's depths.

Join Transformers: The Religion on Facebook! (check out the Transfan's Prayer) ;)
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

:lol: Bender: Are you God?
Source: Possible.. I am user friendly :D

So in the various continuities has the source played any part in the universe beyond the point of creation? Or has it just fallen into myth and legend?

Also, with the multi-versal aspect of Unicron, which universe was he originally created in?

Yes dear...
GoktimusPrime

SilverfromOZ wrote::lol: Bender: Are you God?
Source: Possible.. I am user friendly :D
I loved how the civilisation on his chest waged Jihad against the civilisation on his butt. ;)
SilverfromOZ wrote:So in the various continuities has the source played any part in the universe beyond the point of creation? Or has it just fallen into myth and legend?
He remains useful in adding flavour... oh no wait, that's the sauce. :p :p Nah, the source has done bugger all since creation. Typical Gods... :p
SilverfromOZ wrote:Also, with the multi-versal aspect of Unicron, which universe was he originally created in?
Unicron would have been created before or at the dawn of time and he and the Ketchup, uh, the Source, explored the fledgling universe together... then he decided that it sucked and wanted to Nom Nom it all to oblivion. How rude. But yeah, when the multiverse formed he remained as a single individual who could exist in each universe at a time, whereas Primus was able to exist across all universes simultaneously (which explains why there is a planet Cybertron existing every universe at the same time).
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

:lol: Saucy Gods for the win :lol:

So just so pick at it a little bit more (and because my inner multiverse comic book fanboy demands more knowledge!) the Source/Unicron can into being within the original 1984 Transformers G1 Universe (with BW carrying on that continuity) and the Unicron Trilogy, RID, Prime, Movies, etc. are all subsequent tangents from the G1 universe created in standard multiverse style, or was the multiverse simultaneously created with the existence of the Source?

Also, so Primus is a Multiversal defender, which is why he remains in alternate/planet mode in most universes? If Primus transforms in one universe then does he transform in all?

Yes dear...
GoktimusPrime

SilverfromOZ wrote:So just so pick at it a little bit more (and because my inner multiverse comic book fanboy demands more knowledge!) the Source/Unicron can into being within the original 1984 Transformers G1 Universe (with BW carrying on that continuity) and the Unicron Trilogy, RID, Prime, Movies, etc. are all subsequent tangents from the G1 universe created in standard multiverse style, or was the multiverse simultaneously created with the existence of the Source?
Simultaneous creation. :)
SilverfromOZ wrote:Also, so Primus is a Multiversal defender, which is why he remains in alternate/planet mode in most universes? If Primus transforms in one universe then does he transform in all?
No. Primus can be "killed" in one universe (as he was in the G1 Marvel Comics universe) and continue to exist in others.