Random Question

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Random Question

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

This is a question from out of the blue.
Do you think Dinobot and Rattrap would be willing to share some thing such as a certian femme OC?

EDIT by Optimal Optimus Primal:
Sorry, Night-Hunter. I thought this random question would fit better in the Beast Wars discussion forum. :)
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

To me it seems like they would have completely different tastes in femme. I mean look at them, complete opposites for the most part lol!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Agreed. No way I can see them a female. Actually, I can't even imagine seeing Dinobot in love or infatuated.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Never mind then, just a thought.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Gah.. you almost made me do a spit take.*LOL* Uh no. Heck, I don't think Dinobot would be interested in that sorta thing period..He's too busy with honor and glory to have ever cared about the girl.. Rattrap on the other hand does go to strip clubs and enjoys life in more carnal ways(Food,Liquor, Ladies, and explosions)

Geh.. now I need mind bleach for what first came up.. ah.. there it goes, delete brain delete...
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Yeah, I agree with the general consensus that DB and RT have completely different tastes, however I could see DB becoming romantically attached if it were the right girl, as opposed to Rattrap who would become romantically attached if it were ANY girl :lol:

DB would need a strong warrior woman who shared the same honourable element and could fight by his side (and possibly even put him in his place once in a while). It would be a really tough write though, to balance the two out and make the romance believable. Thats why Silver and BA worked so well. The love developed slowly and in its own sweet way so it wasn't overly sappy and make you want to cringe at every scene :)
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Silver, you took the words right out of my mouth. Especially on the cringing manner. Much as I love that pairing ... and as much as I admire the knight-in-shining-armor ... *shudders* I lean more towards the Dinobot persona myself. Gimme a strong man who ain't afraid of MY strength and respects me for it ANY day!

My thoughts on Dinobot, however ... Any warrior does have to have a cause to adhere to. Any cause can be taken up by another member of the opposite gender. When said warrior notices said opposite gender and respects them and their right to the cause ... well. Who knows what may happen from there? Certainly a possible friendship based off of mutual respect. If a romance were to evolve from that point, then so be it.

But those two ... to share a femme? Nuh-uh. Not seriously. Rattrap might flirt with the femme if she were still unattached and Dinobot was showing an interest in her direction, but he would probably be flirting just to mess with DB.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Rakshash

Unread post by Rakshash »

Both Dinobot and Rattrap are capable of forming a strong meaningful romantic relationship with a femme. This is true of most people, no matter how irritable they seem (like Dinobot) or how superficial they portray themselves as (like Rattrap). You'd have to be really far gone to be totally incapable of succeeding in love.

The question is, would they have similar tastes in love?

I'm going to say yes.

Why not? Alright, they wouldn't look in the same places for her. Rattrap would look in bars and clubs, casually dating and secretly wondering whether it could turn into something more. Dinobot...wouldn't look at all until it hit him. Probably another warrior.

But both would admire bravery and adherence to some kind of code. Yeah, Rattrap seems slack and lazy but he's not stupid. He doesn't really shirk his duties (though he complains a lot). He would hate amoral people. Of course, if this femme was to speechify a lot about honour that might bore him.

As for looks, if she fit in with Rattrap's definition of hot, that'd make it easier for him to like her. But why assume Dinobot wouldn't go for hot as well? Just because he doesn't talk about it doesn't mean he'd turn his nose at it.

A nice bright good looking femme with honour and who knows how to have fun, who can kick skidplate on the battlefield and isn't naive. Why wouldn't Dinobot or Rattrap like her? :)

EDIT: I didn't read the part about sharing a femme. Nah, they wouldn't. Unless, like Sinead said, Rattrap was messing with Dinobot.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
— Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

Assuming they both got back to Cybertron, there would be no need to share. My understanding is that there girls enough there. :) Also, Rattrap would have to take etiquette lessons if he wanted any kind of serious relationship--otherwise the girl would be OUT OF HER MIND. And as for Dinobot, I think he could use a helpful feminine partner, but unfortunately he is too high and mighty to want that sort of thing. I have known a couple of Dinobot-ish people, and sometimes, now matter how hard you try to touch their hearts, they just puff their chests out and claim, "My purpose is ___, and I'm doing it, and there's nothing at all wrong with me" (Hence no need for support or companionship).
Emotions are the colors of the soul. They are like Crayola crayons: you want the 64 set box with the pencil sharpener, not the dollar-store 4 set box.
~inspired by Teresa Mcbean