Maximal Physiology

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Apologies for the double post, and if anyone wants to discuss my previous question that'd be neat.

Anyways, my new question is on Quickstrike. Is this guy part transmetal? His color scheme doesn't seem natural, and in "Other Visits (Part 2)" his robot form is not detected by the Vok's ship.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I believe he and Silverbolt both are.

Silverbolt looks natural, but in the end of Other Visits Part 1/beginning of part 2, both Silverbolt and Quickstrike were unaffected by the EMP that took out the non-transmetals (Blackarachnia, Inferno, Waspinator, Dinobot, Rhinox, etc.).

I think the fuzors, since they were falling to Earth just before the ignition of the planet and buster, and probably had landed by the time it blew up, were exposed to the quantam surge.

Of course, so were Tigatron and Airazor, who remained unaffected, but, again, since the fuzors were likely exposed, and then shown to be unaffected by the EMP, I believe they at had partial tranmetalization, or at least had some variation of alien technology integrated into them.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Does anyone remember the episode "Victory" from Season 1? Optimus seemed to be moving pretty slow, carrying Dinobot in his gorilla form. However, he managed to throw the bigger Maximal quite some distance, and was able to perform a vertical of several stories high just to grab Cheetor's hand! I dunno if there's a question in this, but I felt that I had to vent to this discrepancy of physical prowess.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Well, there might not be a proper explanation (the writer's just wanted it that way, for example), but I don't think it's completely a discrepancy.

Maximals and Predacons, being by nature, machines, are hulks of metallic weight, despite being of average size.

This rule had been broken by the tree branch test.

But disregarding that fact by realization that continuity wasn't always perfect in Beast Wars (the energon vein which would tear both bases apart in one episode remains dormant after various explosions in other episodes, etc.) Primal might have had the strength to carry Dinobot, because he himself is a robot, but might have only just had that strength.

He had gotten shot earlier in the episode too, which would impair his carrying capabilities to some degree.

But carrying Dinobot could easily have not been the very limits of his strength, and so even after going slow carrying him, he could still manage to throw him if he gave it his all.

Theoretically.

And then he could jump because he only had to throw himself. Legs are supposed to be stronger than arms after all. The same could maybe be said of Transformers.

Theoretically.

It might have been Primal's battle wounds alone which caused him to lumber so slowly with Dinobot. After all, a few minutes later, he guides the Axalon back down to a safe landing.

Besides, it's all a lot more fun the way it is.

Also, I had said I would discuss the liquid metal thing which you had responded too, but I keep forgetting/pushing it to the back of my mind. I suppose I didn't have much to say though, except that my "liquid metal- morphing inner mechanics during transformation" theory does not seem likely.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Wow that's a pretty good explanation. Thanks for that. Anyhow, I'm just glad that Optimus was able to do a Superman role for the audience lol.
Panda

Unread post by Panda »

Blazemane wrote:Maximals and Predacons, being by nature, machines, are hulks of metallic weight, despite being of average size.
I've always envisioned the Maxis and the Preds to be more fluid, nimble, agile etc. due to their compact frames (compared to their ancestors, of course).

But is it so?

We've come to understand that the Beast Warriors underwent the "Great Upgrade", resulting in better fuel efficiency and greater durability. Now, could this possibly imply that the radical upgrades that had transpired could, perhaps, increase a Maximal's or Predacon's agility? Like former armour being rendered into something lighter, something more advanced, yet retaining its toughness and resilience? A lighter armoured Beast Warrior could certainly mobilize (to move, if you will) him or herself much more liberally without the difficulty of excessive physical expenditure. :idea:

Then again, that wouldn't be too helpful to the larger ones, would it (be they in beast or robot mode)?

I just had to ask! It had been on my mind since, well, forever. lol

Apologies if I've awakened the dead, so to speak.
[i]Bear with me, people, for I haven't seen Beast Wars in a long time.

I may say some silly things, so yeah...[/i]