BotCon 2009 announced

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

:lol: OOP, I see you're still in denial about the whole Ford better than GM thing, but thats OK, I'll just cruise by you in the future in my Ford GT and you'll be sitting there in your Corvette and we'll race down the streets and... wait that actually sounds like fun.... hmmm.... :wink:

And if Garry says no more convertibles then so be it. :lol: I think I'd probably do whatever Garry told be to if he said it in his Primal voice.... of I'd throw my Dave Kaye impersonation around and contradict him... Yesss.... :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

*points to Silver's own signature* Think hard about if you're going to talk back to Garry.

Dude, OOP, listen to the commander and if he says no more convertibles? Then you don't do any more convertibles. *chuckles and hugs*
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Hey guys and gals,

I have some bad news :cry:

Due to the people I give my rent to being complete jerks it appears that I won't be going to Botcon this year... which is sad because I wanted to see you all again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

However, I think I can spring for the Iacon package (or which ever one you can get if you can't attend) so I can still see what I'm missing.

So good luck, have fun and remember:

:twisted: PICTURES :twisted:

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#looks at Sinead#.... Yes dear.... :P

Sorry to hear about that WW. So whats the go with these guys? Are they claiming you haven't paid your rent or not allowing you to postpone? Whatever the situation, I hope that it can be resolved quickly and that the situation can change for you. Best of luck.

Rest assured, if you can't make it, then there will definitely be copious amounts of photos with us lunatics in them :D

Yes dear...
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Well from what they told me is that they are expanding to two days(In celebration to the 25th Anniversary),making it a whole weekend Convention(Friday is Registering,Saturday is the Con,Sunday is now the Con too)
Well, it's a start! That's cool. :D
So yeah,I have high hopes that they are making the Con bigger,now that Transformers:Animated and the Movie Sequel will be around this time.
I do hope so. ^_^

You know it was recently brought to my attention that this year is also the 10th Anniversary for Beast Machines. I wonder if they'll actually do anything as a celebration. :roll: I think they should just so they get some different voices at these conventions. XD I already spoke to the "Great Optimus" about BotCon and he said he hadn't heard anything about being invited. BotCon fools! :lol:
OOP, I see you're still in denial about the whole Ford better than GM thing, but thats OK, I'll just cruise by you in the future in my Ford GT and you'll be sitting there in your Corvette and we'll race down the streets and... wait that actually sounds like fun.... hmmm....
:lol: Yes, let's race! :lol: Okay, I wouldn't do that but the thought of it is amusing. :wink: I'd love a 'Vette but maybe I'd race you in one of those new Camaros or a new Dodge Challenger. :twisted: Wicked.
And if Garry says no more convertibles then so be it. I think I'd probably do whatever Garry told be to if he said it in his Primal voice.... of I'd throw my Dave Kaye impersonation around and contradict him... Yesss....
:lol:
*points to Silver's own signature* Think hard about if you're going to talk back to Garry.
:lol: Word.
Dude, OOP, listen to the commander and if he says no more convertibles? Then you don't do any more convertibles. *chuckles and hugs*
Pfff. What does he know? I'll do whatever I want! I live on the opposite side of the continent! I can not be stopped. :twisted: Mwahahahahaha!

Really I just thought it would be common sense to not own another convertible, especially since I still drive over that slagging bridge every week day. It didn't take my mom or my boss or anyone to tell me to stay away from those flimsy roofs. :lol:
Due to the people I give my rent to being complete jerks it appears that I won't be going to Botcon this year... which is sad because I wanted to see you all again
Awe. I'm sorry to hear that, WW. :( That stinks.
So good luck, have fun and remember:

PICTURES
Always pictures!!! I love pictures. I still need a group photo with the BW Int gang. :P
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

:lol: GAA! Its taken two years, but that blasted Signature has finally come back to bite me! First Sinead rubs it in my face then OOP #sigh# :wink:

Yes, of course... who would race on the streets #looks around suspiciously and whistles# :wink: Nah, I'm not a street racer, I'm just a VERY efficient driver :D

Challengers are real purty indeed. Saw them at the Motor Show in Ohio last year... or the year before... either way, very awesome. The chargers were a bit funny, because I saw the photos in Oz and they looked a little strange, then met them in real life and just loved em. On that note, are there any Dodge Sportscars in the upcoming movie yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just picturing OOP climbing into her new fancy convertible and starting it. Flash over to Garry walking out to get the mail, stands up straight as his audio receptors pick up the car starting. "Garry Chalk! FLIGHT MODE!!" and the soars off into the sky to intervene :D

Yes dear...
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:
You know it was recently brought to my attention that this year is also the 10th Anniversary for Beast Machines. I wonder if they'll actually do anything as a celebration. :roll: I think they should just so they get some different voices at these conventions. XD I already spoke to the "Great Optimus" about BotCon and he said he hadn't heard anything about being invited. BotCon fools! :lol:
Really,it's 10 years already....ooh,they have to invite the people in Beast Machines over*Crosses fingers for Marty Isenburg*
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Beast Machines?

Before I completely cheese off anyone... Why are you excited about Beast Machines?

dt
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

GAA! Its taken two years, but that blasted Signature has finally come back to bite me! First Sinead rubs it in my face then OOP #sigh#
Awe, we still love you, Silver. ^_^
On that note, are there any Dodge Sportscars in the upcoming movie yet?
Huh. Good question. I doubt it. :roll:
Just picturing OOP climbing into her new fancy convertible and starting it. Flash over to Garry walking out to get the mail, stands up straight as his audio receptors pick up the car starting. "Garry Chalk! FLIGHT MODE!!" and the soars off into the sky to intervene
:lol: You are too much, Silver. XD
Really,it's 10 years already....ooh,they have to invite the people in Beast Machines over
That's what I thought, Wonko. "Ten years already?!" Where does the time go?
Before I completely cheese off anyone... Why are you excited about Beast Machines?
Man, I'm completely cheesed off now that DinoTor asked that! :lol: Just kidding. I'd actually like to meet Brian Drummond; Jetstorm was the coolest. XD Celebrating it would also give the chance for Venus Terzo and Scott McNeil to show up. I wish Ian Corlett would, too. Whether or not these guys would actually talk about the show doesn't matter. They could always sidetrack to Beast Wars. :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:
GAA! Its taken two years, but that blasted Signature has finally come back to bite me! First Sinead rubs it in my face then OOP #sigh#
Awe, we still love you, Silver. ^_^
Man, I'm completely cheesed off now that DinoTor asked that! :lol: Just kidding. I'd actually like to meet Brian Drummond; Jetstorm was the coolest. XD Celebrating it would also give the chance for Venus Terzo and Scott McNeil to show up. I wish Ian Corlett would, too. Whether or not these guys would actually talk about the show doesn't matter. They could always sidetrack to Beast Wars. :lol:
LOLZ, we love ya too OOP. And sooooo Venus Terzo is BA, Scott McNeil *pffft* no intro needed for this guy, and methinks Corlett is Cheetor?

Weeeell, I suppose Beast Machines isnt THAT bad.

dt
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

I want Brian Drummond to come to my Convention!And Corlett too if they wish to invite him.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

SilverfromOZ wrote:On that note, are there any Dodge Sportscars in the upcoming movie yet?
Uhhh, let me think for a second. Let's see, licensed cars known to be in TF2, besides the ones in the first movie....

Audi R8
Chevrolet Volt
Chevrolet Beat
Chevrolet Corvette Centennial Concept
Chevrolet Trax

...So, no, not yet. Though there's supposed to be thirty-something TFs in TF2, and we don't know who all of them are yet. (And even some that we do know, we don't know what alternate modes they'll have. Soundwave could very well be a Dodge... something.)

Also, really sucks to hear that you won't be going, Wicked Woman. :cry:
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OK, just jumping in the middle of all this here to post my contact details:

Anyone can feel free to PM me via BWint or email me direct at:

joseph_a_salemi@yahoo.com.au

my mobile/cell phone is: 001 61 4 18 635 402 N.B. 001 can be replaced with the + sign

The question is also out there on how we want to run things:

do we want a group to stick together and carry out mad shenanigans in bulk form?

or are we happy with people running all over the place to get more covreage?

Yes dear...
Baron Fel

Unread post by Baron Fel »

I think group hanging is in order!

(My e-mail is theblackbaron@gmail.com )

Hey Silver, I know I'm late but my transport movements have gone to muck. Any chance that your transporting around the city offer is still good? (Also if you need a roommate, or any other guy does I am all the sudden looking.) X_X
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannerrhinoxfanclub.jpg[/img][img]http://www.bwint.net/membertarantulasclub1.jpg[/img]
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh there'll be hanging from chandeliers, jumping over tables and dancing on escalators all over the place there my friend :D

Yeah, thats cool for both. I have just tried booking a room with my points and I can get a room at the Holiday Inn with two double beds to having the boy's room of shenanigans will be great fun once again :D

The catch at the moment is that I need to provide them with a phone number and it blatantly refuses to accept any Aussie numbers I put in. I had an American mobile phone but I think all the credit has died. Tell you what would you be able to go out a buy a pre-paid mobile phone for me to use during the con? I'd use my Aussie sim but that gets really pricy for people calling me. If you get that number then you could post it here and that can be the main point of contact for the con for anyone else needing to get in contact, as well as giving me a number to use for the room booking. I'll fix you up for it when I get there (just go for something cheapish to just make calls... maybe something with a Sony Ericsson phone if they have any :D ).

Groovy. So if there are any others in need of a room let me know and we'll see what we can work out. The catch will be that the Mustang I'm hiring will only fit four people at a time and the HI is a bit far from the convention. People who have reserved a seat thus far are Baron and Nurann so we will be able to get one more person with a 5th maybe if people don't mind squishing a bit. Alternatively, cabs, buses, trains, nuclear powered battlesuits and other forms of public transportation are bound to be available in LA :D

Yes dear...