BotCon 2009 announced

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

I have a class on the 23, but I would love to see Universal Studios again! Pending I restrain my spending habits between now and then... (stupid school took three hours too long to process the one class drop, and now over $700 is stuck as credit on my college account instead of in my pocket. Arrrg!!)

Silver, I haven't really gone hotel hunting yet, but the Holiday Inn is my backup plan if I can't get something right up close for a decent price (can you believe the Sheraton is booked solid already???). I hear getting around may not be as hard as my mother first hinted though, so I don't know.. arg... too much to think about at 11 at night... @_@ Uh, how about I email you when I get some sort of tentative plan in place?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

SilverfromOZ wrote:I have just had a revelation. I am thinking of taking the full week off from work (i.e. starting on the 25th May) to enjoy more of the LA sights and sounds. My ammended plan is to fly over on the 23rd and check either that night or sunday morning (depending on arrival times). Now here's the real gem, I have wanted to see the Terminator show at Universal Studios since I found out about it and.. well.. look at that, Botcon is in California :D So I'm going to head over to Universal Studios on either the 25th, 26th or 27th. Anyone interesting in joining me?

Also, can anyone recommend any other decent theme parks or shenanigans that are worth doing in California? :D
Well, if all works out I might show up in LA on May 24th or 25th. I search the web for any theme parks but I wanna save my moneys for Botcon. Greyhound seems like my best offer to travel (but it's expensive $246 (14 day Advance purchase and possibly before tax) is killing me) but I've been putting off checking flight purchases.

I'm saving up as best as I can but I still need save some for when Botcon hands out the registration forms, (which I'll have to use some or all of my Tax Return) and I haven't even worked on a hotel yet as I haven't seen any girls (besides Nurann say that they're going...)

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Elf Princess

Unread post by Elf Princess »

:( NOES! why does it have to be during the time that I am possibly going to be in Victoria for my sisters wedding????? *heads desk* PPL PLEASE TAKE PICS!!!!!
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Alrighty then. I have looked at the Universal Studios website and there is a Front of the Line Ticket available which pretty much means you rock up, walk straight on to whichever ride you feel like and all shows have priority seating for you. The basic FOL Ticket is $94 and one of these with the tour of the studio is about $199. Not exactly sure which one I prefer but I don't really want to spend all day lining up for $67.

Will work out the day as people start to solidify their own plans :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

So unless I can find a cheaper and equally central hotel in the next couple of months, I'm now booked at the Hilton and have booked flights on a wicked seat sale. I'm flying in on the 27 and leaving on the 31 (that was as late as the seat sale went, and for $200 off, I'm not gonna argue lol).
The room is a single king size bed, but if another femme wants to split the room/costs, let me know. We can work something out.

And yes Elf, there will be massive amounts of pictures. ;)

p.s. WW, watch Westjet. They will do some pretty awsome seat sales (like this one - flights were $99, and with taxes it's just over $300 round trip). You have to book fast though once you see a good one (usually $99- $119) because they go FAST. Like, my seat sale was up for less than 9 hours and the plane was already half booked. Westjet is pretty comfy too...
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Haystack

Unread post by Haystack »

^Dude, YES. Fly Westjet of at all possible, and avoid Air Canada at all costs. I have heard many, many horrible things about Air Canada's incompetance, and have had friends experience them first hand. Also, I personally have flown Westjet, and it is FANTASTIC. Highly recommended. So yeah, go with Westjet.

Haystack
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

My brother booked a room at the second hotel they offered for the BotCon, so you guys can count on me attending at this point. But that's assuming that I don't have to keep paying some pricy vet bills for my old kitty like I just did on Monday. o_O Yeesh. I don't think I can really help anyone out right now. Maybe I can talk to my brother about renting a car so we can actually do some sight seeing and help some of you guys out who need transportation.
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Yay! Additional crazies for the Con :D

#in Emperor Palpatine voice# Yess... come to the dark side of Ford. Rent a Mustang and ride around in convertible goodness. Search your feelings you know this to be true :wink:

Good to have you aboard

OK so role call once again:
1) Wicked Woman
2) OOP + bro
3) Baron + posse of crazy friends
4) Nurann
5) SilverfromOz
6) Beastbot

Excellent. We'll be able to cause a bit of damage with a group like that (and more to come I'm sure of it) :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

It's great that you guys are travelling to BotCon while liitle Wonko is stuck in the wee north...but ah well.Currently I'm planning for the big TransformersCon in Toronto(Which will come in 3 months,yay!)so it won't be too bad....but I do wish that the Canada Con would have more Voice Actor guests this year than just one(Gregg Burger)compared to BotCon(Tara Strong,David Kaye,and Bumper Robinson)

We need more in Canada!!!

Yeah,but still,nice that all of yous are heading to BotCon.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

WHAT?!!?

3 o the actors gonna be at BOTCON?!?! WAAAAH!!

dt
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Tor wrote:WHAT?!!?

3 o the actors gonna be at BOTCON?!?! WAAAAH!!

dt
No they were....there's no word of guests yet.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#in Emperor Palpatine voice# Yess... come to the dark side of Ford. Rent a Mustang and ride around in convertible goodness. Search your feelings you know this to be true
:lol:

I had a convertible, remember? And my Eclipse was cooler than any FORD *gag* Mustang. :lol: Kidding! But the Eclipses are nice and more affordable. :wink: Anyway, remember what happened to that Eclipse convertible of mine? Yeah, no more convertibles for me. ...Garry said so. As did my co-workers. :wink:
Good to have you aboard
Thankies!
Currently I'm planning for the big TransformersCon in Toronto(Which will come in 3 months,yay!)so it won't be too bad....but I do wish that the Canada Con would have more Voice Actor guests this year than just one(Gregg Burger)compared to BotCon(Tara Strong,David Kaye,and Bumper Robinson)
I think that's cool, Wonko! I've been meaning to check out that convention for a couple years now but haven't gotten around to it since the BotCon or the Gatecon always get in the way. :roll: I do hope they have good guests for both conventions this year.
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Well TransformersCon is very small compared to BotCon,but the Dealer's Room is really good.I found a lot of Beast Wars figures to buy(And I hope to buy 4 this year)plus some stuff from the G1 era and Animated is still there too,plus a few custom-made bots and fanart(Don't remember if comics are sold there as well)

But this 'tiny'Con is pretty cool...still,I would like to see BotCon and know how awesome it is to see all those Fans being excited for the Franchise.

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well TransformersCon is very small compared to BotCon,but the Dealer's Room is really good.I found a lot of Beast Wars figures to buy(And I hope to buy 4 this year)plus some stuff from the G1 era and Animated is still there too,plus a few custom-made bots and fanart(Don't remember if comics are sold there as well)
I bet the dealer room is awesome for that convention. I hate walking into those because I always find something that I HAVE to have, whether or not I really have the money to get it. :lol: I love seeing the fanart, too.

Don't the people who organize the TransformersCon ever consider expanding the convention? It sounds like it's fairly popular for Canada. Or maybe they keep it small on purpose for expenses or something.
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Well from what they told me is that they are expanding to two days(In celebration to the 25th Anniversary),making it a whole weekend Convention(Friday is Registering,Saturday is the Con,Sunday is now the Con too)

So yeah,I have high hopes that they are making the Con bigger,now that Transformers:Animated and the Movie Sequel will be around this time.