BotCon 2009 announced

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

At first I didn't know if I could afford to go or not, but a few things have worked out well recently and the flight's less expensive than I thought it'd be, so I'll be there. :D I'll just have to spend less in the dealer room than usual.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

California!

i LIVE in californ-i-a! So you guys say its south of LA? Maaaaaybe I can go! Awesomeness! *angel choir*

-Dinotor
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Botcon's site updated again:

All Attendee, Dealer and Convention Packages
will be announced at a later date!

Hotel Information:
BotCon '09 will be at the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel!

303 East Cordova Street. Pasadena, California 91101

Yayness. I think this was one of the hotels I mentioned. :/

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

8) I hope you can go,Tor. I'd love to go...too expensive. :(
Death becomes you.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Righto, I've been doing a little research and I have discovered that I have a plethora of points earned on my Priority Club card thanks to my stint in Singapore. Unfortunately, the only hotel which accepts these is the Holiday Inn Express which is 4miles further down the boulevard. The plus side is that my point also work for Hertz and I should be able to redeem a 7 day Fun Car rental certificate. So this fits nicely with my convertible rental plans and I'm thinking of using the Mustang to drive down to the Sheraton each morning so if anyone is contemplating going to the HI, then there should be transport available. If people want to post their plans on this thread, we may be able to co-ordinate transportation and flight bookings so we can help each other out.

Also, the Fun Car section includes Hummers as well, which I figure will be entertaining to drive, so if we have a couple of people needing transport on a certain day, I'll go for the Hummer instead :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Haystack

Unread post by Haystack »

ARRGH! This suck, I can't go! :evil: California is too far away, May 28-31 puts me smack in the middle of Finals, and YC is right before that so I'll be flat broke. *headdesk*

Haystack
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Aw, I'm sorry Hastack.

I suppose on the day of BotCon we can all log in and speculate on the goings on. *sigh* I can't go either. My family isn't exactly supportive of driving to erm (what was it?) near LA, just so I can run wild with other Transfans. GAH!!!
O well, have fun to those who are going!

dt
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Hey Silver, what day are you thinking of flying in? If the Holiday Inn has some good rates, I might take you up on the driving offer.

How many other femmes going for sure?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OK Nurann, my plan of attack was to land and check in on Wednesday 27th. I.e. fly in the LAX, hire the Mustang/Hummer and drive over to the Holiday Inn for check in. Then leave on the monday. You're more than welcome to join in on the transport shenanigans :D

As a side zany scheme, I'm thinking that I'll be in California anyway and Vegas may be only a road trip away :D Of course that depends on the amount of time I can get off work and such, so I'm thinking its just a pipe dream, but would anyone be interested in a plan like that?

The femmes will have to answer for themselves :D At the moment (unless I'm mistaken), it looks like yourself and Wicked Woman are the two major players thus far.

Yes dear...
Baron Fel

Unread post by Baron Fel »

Tor wrote:Aw, I'm sorry Hastack.

I suppose on the day of BotCon we can all log in and speculate on the goings on. *sigh* I can't go either. My family isn't exactly supportive of driving to erm (what was it?) near LA, just so I can run wild with other Transfans. GAH!!!
O well, have fun to those who are going!

dt
or every night those of us who go can post images, and short updates of the happenings for all the good boys and girls on the forums. (especially those BW and animated related, the bad little boys and girls will only get new info about the RiD line.)
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannerrhinoxfanclub.jpg[/img][img]http://www.bwint.net/membertarantulasclub1.jpg[/img]
bloody_kimono2004

Unread post by bloody_kimono2004 »

RRAARRRRRGGH I was SO looking forward to going to a botcon on the east coast when I moved from Arizona....X( *bangs head against the desk*
Where do I find the elbow grease?
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#hands kimono a bag of ice after banging their head twice# :wink:

#runs back to Rock Band after 4 starring Iron Maiden and going through yet another bass pedal# 8)

Yes dear...
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Righto, well I need to start booking the hotel and getting my car rental sorted out around now (talking to the boss in the next few days about time off for Botcon) so unless I hear otherwise, I'm going with my original plan for Holiday Inn and Mustang rental. If any more people are going to the Holiday Inn, now is the time to speak up so that I can get the Hummer to incorporate whoever wants daily transport to and from the convention :D

Yes dear...
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

EDIT:

#looks around and pleads for forgiveness from the moderators for triple posting# :D

I have just had a revelation. I am thinking of taking the full week off from work (i.e. starting on the 25th May) to enjoy more of the LA sights and sounds. My ammended plan is to fly over on the 23rd and check either that night or sunday morning (depending on arrival times). Now here's the real gem, I have wanted to see the Terminator show at Universal Studios since I found out about it and.. well.. look at that, Botcon is in California :D So I'm going to head over to Universal Studios on either the 25th, 26th or 27th. Anyone interesting in joining me?

Also, can anyone recommend any other decent theme parks or shenanigans that are worth doing in California? :D

Yes dear...
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

I'm about freaking out and annoyed all rolled into one package. I literally fritzed, spazzed, and made clawing gestures at my computer screen.

I get out of my school in Dallas on May 9.

I start school just outside of LA in September.

I want to get out there early, but I have no idea how to be out there anywhere earlier than July. At the earliest. Unless someone says "HERE! Have a miracle!" and gives me about ... uh ... hm. $10,000 to pay off this last semester, pay for next semester, and get me some money to really start off paying rent in that area while I scrounge up a job. So overall, I highly doubt that I'm going to be going. And that's causing me to really make odd faces.

Because I really wanted to get a ride in that Mustang, Silver. That was some mean temptation cookies that you tossed at me. Meeeaaaannnn.

And yes. I feel like being juvenile about this. Heh. ^.^
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!