BotCon 2009 announced

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Righto. On the topic of registration, I've got mine filled in and sitting on my desk. It appears that the day for Botcon fanatics to go to Universal Studios is on the Wednesday so I'll make that the day for me. Additionally, I'm going to do the Hollywood Tour (when in Rome) and am just wondering who else is interested in that. Additionally to the previous addition, I have been somewhat tempted by the 6 Flags amusement park as well, however will only really do that if there's others who will come along.

One more thing that I'm definitely going to do whilst over there is get my Maximal tattoo touched up. Seems like my exercise routine at the time caused me to sweat out a bit of the ink so it looks prematurely faded. I'm also going to get a black outline on it as well. I figure that this will be a good part of my "rebirth" whereby the tatt was created in my darkest hour, but will become whole at one of my greatest. I recall Nurann speaking of getting some tat work done whilst we are there so if anyone else is willing/interested let me know :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I'mma fax my registration tomorrow morning. Splee!

I'm signing up for the Universal Studios tour, Hollywood tour and the Party at Paramount. I don't think I'll have any other time or monies for Six Flags, unfortunately. :? I love coasters! XD

I'm working on getting more ink soon. I should have it done before the BotCon. Rock on! :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

:shock: GAAAHH!!! The PARTY!!! Thanks for reminding me. #grumbles and goes to reprint the form#

Yep, I'll fax mine off tonight. Not to worry about 6 Flags. I'm sure they'll be plenty of time for you to witness me screeching like a girl on the rides at Universal :wink:

Hi five for the coaster love... wait... love of coasters... ummm... freakin semantics!!! :D

Awesomeness for the new tat. Look forward to seeing it and the famous SG1 one as well :D

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Awsome! Mine'll be off tomorrow, too. The Hollywood tour sounds fun... And so does the party Saturday :D Sadly though, I'm with OOP on the Six Flags stop. Maybe another time?

Silver, I see an Autobot shield in my future :D Do you know of a good place to get them done?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I'm just going to the Paramount party, I can't afford to arrive earlier than Thursday afternoon (well, not without giving up other things I don't want to, that is), so any bonus tours and classes for me are out.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Botcon sets are already 60% sold out. If you want one, might want to fax your registration form in pretty soon...
Last updated April 25th
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

The exclusive Scourge is now up at Botcon.com, a repaint of Cybertron Sideways w/ a new head.

Also revealed as attendee exclusives are the aforementioned Skyquake and another repaint of the Energon Starscream as Leozack, which can be seen here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... paint.html
Last updated April 25th
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been particularly active over the last month. I was shipped off to Singapore where I did stupidly long hours on site without a day off and then I was fired from my job, so needless to say things have been quite hectic.

I have bitten the bullet and sent in my appilcation to the Botcon people and have booked the hotel. Last on my list is the flights and car rental which I intend to take care of in the next few days.

It has been made apparent that the new drum kit on Rock Band 2 is a nice improvement on the original incarnation and thus I have come to a decision. I will purchase a complete set when I am over there for Botcon. I'll set it up in the hotel room and we need to have a decent rock out night whilst we are in Pasadena. As my space will be limited to what I can carry back, I won't have a spare guitar, so if anyone has a copy for PS3 of Rock Band or Guitar Hero, could they please bring along their guitar (and reciever) and we can have a full band :D

All are welcome to join in the shenanigans.

Additionally, I am thinking of what whacky thing I need to bring to get people to sign (last time it was a T-rex head puppet which Dave Kaye did the Megatron voice to 8) ). Got a few ideas in mind so we'll see what I can muster up :D

Yes dear...
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Hey Joe! Still so jealous that you and this fine crowd are going to Botcon this year. Had it been two months later, I probably would have gone. Stupid exams!

I was wondering if you (or anyone who'd be up for it) would purchase me an exclusive? Like, in Botcon 2006 they handed out pre-BW Waspy and Megatron, and the year after it was the clear Mirage. If you could buy me one, I'd pay you pack right after BC. I like collecting those exclusives and selling them later when in dire need of cash. I've sold some of my Botcon figures and they've rescued me from financial crisis! (Although there are some I'll only sell if I am literally starving. Like my exclusive Tigatron.) If you're up for that, do let me know. Would be very grateful. ^_^

Hope y'all have oodles of fun!
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yep, that'll be fine. I'll pick one up for you. Are you getting the Botcon box in the mail by any chance? Or are you just interested in the single figure?

I have been having a hard think about what I want to purchase this year and I have settled on getting the Dawn of Future's Past boxed set (I know its stupidly expensive but its sooooo cool) and any of the loose figures that go with it (i.e. Megs and Waspy).

I will also get the City Commander Armour upgrade for Classics Ultra Magnus, however all my masterpiece and Nemesis Prime armour will be bought online so that it arrives in a nice box at my doorstep and not battered and beaten in my bag. :D

Yes dear...
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

I cant go to botcon every year. Reason is:
1. i'm underage to go on my own
2. No money
3. schooling
Lastly, i dare not go California on my own :shock: :?
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

starshadow wrote:I cant go to botcon every year. Reason is:
1. i'm underage to go on my own
2. No money
3. schooling
Lastly, i dare not go California on my own :shock: :?
I cant go to botcon because:

1. I live in England
2. I work everyday
3. I'm scared I'll get lost :D
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Hey Silver,

We have both a PS2 Rockband guitar and Guitar Hero guitar, which appears to be able to pack up better than the rockband one. It'll be crazy fun getting it accross the border, methinks, but should be doable. Is it compatible with the PS3 though?

Also, I am glad to hear you're still coming. You had me kinda worried for a bit... :) I hope things are going a bit better for you now!

Finally, I have a slight favour to ask of those coming:

I'm entering one of my paintings into the 2D Handrawn Art contest. The only problem is, take-down is 1pm Sunday, and I have to be at the airport by noon. I've asked them if there is any chance I can take it early, but the lady I emailed hasn't responded yet. If I can't get it back before I leave, would someone be willing to collect it and mail it back to me? I can give somebody money for shipping before I leave.

If somebody is willing to ship it back to me, please let me know! Thanks!!!
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey Nurann,

yeah I believe PS2/3 are compatible with each other so we shouldn't have a problem there.

Things aren't exactly smooth sailing at the moment, but I'm in a "stuff it" sort of phase. I can't let a continuous roll of Snake Eyes put me off from the second "most awesome event in my life." I may go into debt for another couple of thousand, but it just means I'll have to work a bit harder to pay it off when I get back. Thanks for thinking about me. We will have a banter at some point, however as I am currently on the warpath to get a new job, my time is quite full. Nevertheless i do look foward to it :D

As for your piccy, I can pick it up for you as I was already thinking of mailing my freshly purchased Rock Band 2 kit to myself after Botcon so I don't fill up my big baggy (i.e. I can spend more money on toys :D ) Leave it with me an I'll get it sorted.

Yes dear...
Baron Fel

Unread post by Baron Fel »

I'm jealous of you if you find the CIty Commander armor. I keep looking for one that's reasonable and keep striking out. My poor Magnus is naked! :O

Hmmmm...I need a way for more money. Don't have enough for exlcusives yet. Ah well.

My to get list is fairly short I need: Samuraii Prowl and Universe Targetmaster Cyc
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannerrhinoxfanclub.jpg[/img][img]http://www.bwint.net/membertarantulasclub1.jpg[/img]