Current BW RP Plot Discussion

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Well for one, G1 makes sense in a BW environment or otherwise the whole thing with the golden discs makes no sense, however it is understandable as every form of G1 influences has had some tinkering with human technology. From Power armor,hover boards, new energy sources, death rays, warp gates, and even prosthetic limbs as good as the original arm. And this was mostly set in 1985 to 2010.

Which also points out.. um Season 3 of G1 happened in all of 2010, though if you go by the Headmasters 3 part ending of the cartoon, The Autobots brought a new golden age to cybertron by refueling the planet with a solar flare. That could be a way of peace.

the Comics.. most the G2 transformers if not all of them and a large amount of the G1 robots were murdered, the swarm mopping up a large portion of them, resulting in the survivors eventually forming peace as there was only a few left alive..

(The Swarm being a byproduct of transformer reproduction, How do transformers reproduce? Simple!

Similar to single cell organisms or say.. Jellyfish, they Bud off a new life from their body. This ability was turned off after the transformers reached a certain population size, as they were originally Primus's little defense against Unicron and Primus was more "insert profanity" then the Cybertron/Galaxy Force version. Turning it back on caused the evil Generation 2 transformers, who while found peace were violent and taking control of planets.

The BW writers initially wanted the Swarm to be the ancestor to the Vok, as screwy and Paradoxical as that is. )

Though.. the comics version also includes GI Joe, as Cobra rebuilt Megatron into his tank body, and the Joes even helped fight or attacked Cybertronians at some points.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Actually, that brings up the point about technology. The Autobots had a close relationship with the humans in the original cartoon, and even shared their technology with them. There are many times where human soldiers and guards used laser weaponry and Chip even worked on anti-matter technology. If we do include G1, how will that affect the technology in our RP?

Don't get me wrong, our modern military is already ridiculous with its tech. I'm just curious how us civilians will be affected.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, if you go by stuff like Transformers Stargate battles (Which is set in the G1 universe and fits pretty well.) Advanced medical technology is probably the number 1 thing in civilian technology expansion.

Millitary.. many stories with lasers and such like GI Joe, but also stories of large robots like Autorooper(Kiss players) and the C-X series (Giant AI driven machines based on the image of Optimus Prime as he'd seen as a symbol of peace to the earth)

Going by American stories.. this can be anything from magnetic weaponry of doom, medical power suit technology for handicapped to walk again (and shoot lightning..). If you go by the ideals of something like TF Animated(which is almost like a restart of G1), retro engineering the technology basically filled the world with robots like Modern japan but with Robocop level police mecha and robots doing all the cleaning or other chores like outdoor roombas.
Last edited by NaitoKage on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

NaitoKage, could I please ask you to refrain from calling people 'cripples'? It's very ableist and quite disrespectful.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Now in regards to technology, I would think that the tech given over was only to the military. Something that isn't going to be shared with civilians or able to be procured by civilians.

Since this is an RP in our own AU, I still hoped we could take thoughts that yes, G1 happened, but back in around the 80's since that could work towards the 'swept under the rug' aspect people are trying to do.

I noticed that the mentality of a lot of nations is that if it's over ten years old, it's not talked about that much anymore.

So I would think any tech would be solely for the military....

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I thought of something else. Ravage? Yes? No? He didn't have a big role, to say the least. But it is one more character for someone to maybe RP?

Like I said before about G1 I don't know a lot about it. I thought the RP was mostly going to be about BW.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

It is about Beast Wars, since that's the whole basis of what we wanted, DS.

Ravage wouldn't fit into the timeline we've established..

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ravage wouldn't fit into the timeline we've established..
I thought so, but I wanted to make sure our little Ravage wasn't forgotten.

So we are still discussing the plot? Is there anything else that needs to be brought up? Questions? Concerns? Comments?
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I'm still waiting to see what other's have to say as well in regards to a bit of the G1 fitting into the timeline.

Give in to temptation

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I have one idea in my head involving the Swarm but that's G2.

(I found that dark how the human race was wiped out by the Swarm. O.O But what if Earth had a consequence for being involved in the Great War. Like, again, maybe the Swarm took half of the population and Earth is still recovering from the many battles that has happened on Earth. I don't know just an idea. :D)

LV, that is actually what teh gorvernment would do! Totally hide the whole Autobot and Decepticons.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I like the idea (personally) that BW was still a show, because think about how many UFO sightings there are, and shows based off it (hence my earlier Roswell comment).

There are tons of ways it could have been downplayed or attempted to be covered up.

So, twenty years later, Beast Wars say, was released and over with, and yeah that's why we're meeting up at a Gathering.

:D After all, why would the government let shows like that air if they 'had nothing to hide'? IDK I'm just guessing and playing around.

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I like the idea (personally) that BW was still a show, because think about how many UFO sightings there are, and shows based off it (hence my earlier Roswell comment).
So in the RP we are going to have BW still be a show, and we recognize the Maximals and Predacons, from them being a tv show?
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Orrr...would we rather not have prior knowledge? Because then I'd have to wonder about how we're all together/know each other.

Give in to temptation

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Orrr...would we rather not have prior knowledge? Because then I'd have to wonder about how we're all together/know each other.
I like the idea that BW was a show. Because then, LV you bring up a good point. How would we know each other??
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Since this is an RP in our own AU, I still hoped we could take thoughts that yes, G1 happened, but back in around the 80's since that could work towards the 'swept under the rug' aspect people are trying to do.

So.. basically you want to write a backstory where the events from Transformers just happened in the 80s and were fairly minor compared to the massive scale battles in the tv series or comics in major cities, and the massive devastation to the planet in the 90s of G2 earth?

One possible Civilian technology could be the use of energon, G1 transformers could produce energon from electricity,burning fuels and gases, molten lava, sonic energy, Uranium, to nearly anything else.. So powering vehicles or homes with such a thing might be possible. This would also make it easier for Beastwar characters to survive on the planet without grazing or assaulting livestock.. (As I'm sure Megatron would love to re-enact the scene from Jurassic park)

As for the handicapped comment, sorry, I should of just say Paraplegic, since I was thinking of Circuit breaker.(Though to be honest I never liked that character, she was very insane.)